New South Kitsap COVID-19 vaccination site opening this week, OC offers weekend clinic
A new community COVID-19 vaccination site will open in South Kitsap this week, run by the Kitsap Public Health District and Kitsap County's?Emergency Operations Center.
The clinic will be at the?Christian Life Center on Lincoln Avenue in Port Orchard, and staff there will provide about 600 Pfizer vaccine doses on Thursday and Friday. Appointments are open to everyone age 16 and older and can be made at?kphd.timetap.com.
"We are excited to expand access to COVID-19 vaccination in South Kitsap with the help of our community partners and volunteers," Kitsap Public Health District Community Health Director Yolanda Fong said in a statement. "This clinic will make it easier for South Kitsap residents to gain protection against COVID-19 and help slow the spread of the virus across our region."
The location would be the county's third community vaccination site, alongside?locations at Olympic College's Poulsbo campus and at the old St. Michael Medical Center campus in Bremerton.
"Our goal has been to scale up our capacity to administer vaccines across our county. Now that we have vaccination sites established in Bremerton, Poulsbo, and Port Orchard, we will evaluate which clinics to operate from week to week based on community need, vaccine availability, and staffing," health district spokesman Tad Sooter said in an email to the Kitsap Sun. "We do anticipate opening the South Kitsap site again next week."
OC Bremerton offers weekend clinic
The OC nursing program, with support from the Kitsap Public Health District, will hold a clinic on Saturday and Sunday at the college's Bremerton campus and are able to?administer about 800 doses of the Moderna vaccine?to all members of the community who are over 18 years of age.
First doses will be given on Saturday and Sunday,?with?the follow-up dose on May 22-23. You must be able to complete the second appointment on these dates. Appointments will range from 10 a.m. to?2?p.m. on both Saturday and Sunday, and your second appointment will be at the same time and day of the week as your first appointment. Register at?https://ocnursingvax.timetap.com.
Looking for a shot?
- Vaccine Locator: The state's Vaccine Locator portal can be found at?vaccinelocator.doh.wa.gov.?Those who need help can call the state’s COVID-19 information hotline at 1-800-525-0127.
- Kitsap Public Health District: The county’s health district is hosting vaccine clinics in Bremerton,?Poulsbo and Port Orchard. Appointments can be booked at kphd.timetap.com. Kitsap Public Health can help schedule appointments at 360-728-2219.
- Peninsula Community Health Services: PCHS is offering shots at locations in Bremerton and Belfair. Appointments can be booked at pchsweb.org.
- Bainbridge Island: The Bainbridge Island Community Pharmacy is helping to run clinics both on Bainbridge Island and in Chimacum. Appointments can be booked at?covidbi.timetap.com.
- KitsapCOVID: The health care providers Sound Family Health, Kitsap General Surgery and Kitsap OBGYN are?hosting clinics throughout the county. Find an appointment at KitsapCOVID.com.
- Olympic College's Bremerton campus is offering vaccinations. Register at ocnursingvax.timetap.com.
- Naval Hospital Bremerton: Active duty individuals, National Guard members, TRICARE beneficiaries and others can schedule appointments at?informatics-stage.health.mil/Bremerton1COVIDApp.
Nathan Pilling is a reporter covering?Bainbridge Island, North Kitsap and Washington State Ferries?for the Kitsap Sun. He can be reached at 360-792-5242, firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter at @KSNatePilling.
Consider supporting local journalism in Kitsap County:?Sign up for?a digital subscription today.